You can download Veterinary Herbal Medicine by Susan G. Wynn and Barbara Fougere free in pdf format.
This full-color reference offers practical, evidence-based guidance on using more than 120 medicinal plants, including how to formulate herbal remedies to treat common disease conditions. A body-systems based review explores herbal medicine in context, offering information on toxicology, drug interactions, quality control, and other key topics.
- More than 120 herbal monographs provide quick access to information on the historical use of the herb in humans and animals, supporting studies, and dosing information.
- Includes special dosing, pharmacokinetics, and regulatory considerations when using herbs for horses and farm animals.
- Expanded pharmacology and toxicology chapters provide thorough information on the chemical basis of herbal medicine.
- Explores the evolutionary relationship between plants and mammals, which is the basis for understanding the unique physiologic effects of herbs.
- Includes a body systems review of herbal remedies for common disease conditions in both large and small animals.
- Discusses special considerations for the scientific research of herbs, including complex and individualized interventions that may require special design and nontraditional outcome goals.