What is spaying?
Spaying (Ovariohysterectomy) is the surgical removal of a female (queen) cat’s internal reproductive structures including her ovaries, Fallopian tubes, uterine horns and a section of her uterine body
Why the cat spayed? indication?
- Eliminates unwanted pregnancies/kittens
- Decreases chance of mammary and uterine tumors
- Eliminates heat cycles
- Eliminates roaming and behavioral issues
- Ability to abort pregnancy if needed or wanted
- cats with diabetes or epilepsy should be spayed to prevent hormonal changes that may interfere with medications.