You can download Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases 2 Volume Set 9th Edition by John E. Bennett, Raphael Dolin & Martin J. Blaser free in pdf format.
For four decades, physicians and other healthcare providers have trusted Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases to provide expert guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of these complex disorders. The 9th Edition continues the tradition of excellence with newly expanded chapters, increased global coverage, and regular updates to keep you at the forefront of this vitally important field. Meticulously updated by Drs. John E. Bennett, Raphael Dolin, and Martin J. Blaser, this comprehensive, two-volume masterwork puts the latest information on challenging infectious diseases at your fingertips.
- Provides more in-depth coverage of epidemiology, etiology, pathology, microbiology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents than any other infectious disease resource.
- Features an increased focus on antibiotic stewardship; new antivirals for influenza, cytomegalovirus, hepatitis C, hepatitis B., and immunizations; and new recommendations for vaccination against infection with pneumococci, papillomaviruses, hepatitis A, and pertussis.
- Covers newly recognized enteroviruses causing paralysis (E-A71, E-D68); emerging viral infections such as Ebola, Zika, Marburg, SARS, and MERS; and important updates on prevention and treatment of C. difficile infection, including new tests that diagnose or falsely over-diagnose infectious diseases.
- Offers fully revised content on bacterial pathogenesis, antibiotic use and toxicity, the human microbiome and its effects on health and disease, immunological mechanisms and immunodeficiency, and probiotics and alternative approaches to treatment of infectious diseases.
- Discusses up-to-date topics such as use of the new PCR panels for diagnosis of meningitis, diarrhea and pneumonia; current management of infected orthopedic implant infections; newly recognized infections transmitted by black-legged ticks in the USA: Borrelia miyamotoi and Powassan virus; infectious complications of new drugs for cancer; new drugs for resistant bacteria and mycobacteria; new guidelines for diagnosis and therapy of HIV infections; and new vaccines against herpes zoster, influenza, meningococci.
- PPID continues its tradition of including leading experts from a truly global community, including authors from Australia, Canada and countries in Europe, Asia, and South America.
- Includes regular updates online for the life of the edition.
- Features more than 1,500 high-quality, full-color photographs-with hundreds new to this edition.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.