You can download Finn’s Thermal Physics Third Edition by Andrew Rex free in pdf format.
About Finn’s Thermal Physics Third Edition
This fully updated and expanded new edition continues to provide the most readable, concise, and easy-to-follow introduction to thermal physics. While maintaining the style of the original work, the book now covers statistical mechanics and incorporates worked examples systematically throughout the text. It also includes more problems and essential updates, such as discussions on superconductivity, magnetism, Bose-Einstein condensation, and climate change. Anyone needing to acquire an intuitive understanding of thermodynamics from first principles will find this third edition indispensable.
- Provides the most concise and accessible introduction to thermodynamics starting from first principles, with many more worked examples and problems.
- Incorporates statistical mechanics in two brand new chapters.
- Systematically incorporates more worked examples after introducing a new concept to show what the results mean numerically.
- Continues to address the subtleties in a way unmatched by any other text, for topics such as the meaning of thermodynamic functions.
- Offers a significant update on areas such as superconductivity, magnetism, Bose-Einstein condensation, climate change, and physics of information.