You can download Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent 8th Edition by Ralph E. McDonald, David R. Avery and Jeffrey A. Dean free in pdf format.
One of the most successful textbooks in pediatric dentistry, this expert resource provides superior, comprehensive coverage of oral care for infants, children, teenagers, and medically compromised individuals. Thoroughly revised material offers the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment recommendations based on current research, literature, and clinical experience. Now in its 8th edition, this classic text continues to offer in-depth coverage of all areas relevant to the contemporary science and practice of pediatric dentistry.
- Discussions of theories related to molecular biology of the eruption of teeth explain problems related to dental eruption and insight into future methods for their resolution.
- Incorporates the American Cleft Palate – Craniofacial Association guidelines for the most recent advances in treatment of cleft lip and palate.
- Follows academy-approved guidelines for the use of anesthetics in the treatment of the child patient as well as outpatient vs. in-patient procedures.
- Provides an overview of practice management including patient scheduling, insurance, and third party plans.
- Includes dentists’ guide for documenting and reporting child abuse and neglect.
- Provides valuable information on cavity varnish, mercury toxicity, and glass ionomer cements.
- Provides indications for the use of implants to replace teeth (congenitally missing or lost as a result of trauma) in pediatric patients.