You can download The Mineral Nutrition of Livestock 3rd Edition by Neville F. Suttle free in pdf format.
This book is an up to date reference work covering all aspects of macro and trace element nutrition in farm livestock. Sufficient information is given on metabolism, functions and interactions to explain why needs, feeds and imbalances are not always easy to define or anticipate. The major emphasis is on the mineral nutrition of ruminant livestock since they are most likely to be affected by imbalances but where pigs and poultry are the more vulnerable, extensive coverage of the non-ruminant is given. This new edition of a highly successful text has been thoroughly revised and significantly expanded. Many chapters have been extensively updated and several chapters on new topics introduced.
- Calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium are now treated separately
- Over 40 new figures are presented, and extensive use made oftables to summarise important data
- Chapters on trace elements have been drastically revised
- Claims for enhanced availability for new chelated sources arecritically reviewed
- Completely new chapters focus on: The unique need of the ruminant for elemental sulphur
- Occasionally beneficial elements and essentially toxic elements
- The improved conduct and interpretation of supplementation trials