You can download Practical Canine Behaviour For Veterinary Nurses and Technicians by Stephanie Hedges free in pdf format.
There have been ground-breaking advances in our understanding of canine behaviour in recent years. Traditional theories, based on the premise that a desire to be ‘pack leader’ drives all dog behaviour, have made way for a new and fascinating insight into the subtleties and complexities of canine communication, social behaviour and emotional drives.
Keeping abreast of such developments is becoming increasingly essential for veterinary nurses and technicians, both to fulfil client expectations and to protect canine welfare. Yet current training worldwide typically offers little teaching in this area.
In this book Stephanie Hedges draws on more than 20 years as a practicing veterinary nurse and her specialist knowledge as a Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB) to provide a quick reference and practically relevant canine behaviour resource to meet the specific needs of the general practice nurse or technician.
- An introduction to the drives for, management and modification of canine behaviour
- New approaches to handling and interaction to improve safety, efficiency and patient welfare
- Essential advice for puppy owners and key aspects of running safe in house puppy socialisation classes
- Guidance on how to manage the behavioural impact of illness and life changes, and address fear of fireworks and visiting the practice
- Client factsheets and behaviour assessment questionnaire
- Flow charts for when and where to refer dogs showing problem behaviour