You can download Military Veterinary Services by Leslie G. Huck and Ronald L. Burke free in pdf format.
This book is the first dedicated solely to military veterinary medicine. Its chapters outline the history and the diverse duties that make the practice of military veterinary medicine significantly different from the practice of civilian veterinary medicine, yet an integral part of Army medicine. Besides offering readers a comprehensive overview of past veterinary support to the US military, this book also covers the Veterinary Corps’ more modern contributions to US missions, including:
- support of special operations forces’ tactical canine programs and combat casualty care;
- food protection and defense;
- military working dog, horse, mule, and marine mammal programs;
- global zoonotic disease surveillance and
- military research and development.