You can free download Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians 5th Edition in pdf format.
Recognize and treat the parasites seen in veterinary practice! Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition features clear and concise discussions of the most commonly encountered internal and external parasites. Chapters are organized by parasite group — including nematodes, cestodes, trematodes, protozoans, arthropods, and leeches — and include a detailed description of the group, with special emphasis on morphology, life cycle, and important parasites. Then in each chapter, material is conveniently organized by host species: dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, swine, birds, lab animals, fish, and reptiles. Written by noted educators Charles Hendrix and Ed Robinson, this full-color, spiral-bound book provides the knowledge that veterinary technicians need to collect samples, perform lab procedures, and communicate with clients and other members of the veterinary team.
- Clear, concise coverage simplifies information on the most commonly encountered internal and external parasites, preparing you for credentialing exams and the veterinary clinic.
- More than 470 full-color photos show exactly what ova, adult parasites, and parasitic diseases look like, so you can identify them more easily when viewing lab samples.
- Step-by-step guidelines in the Laboratory Procedures chapter describe how to gather samples and how to perform the laboratory techniques used in identifying parasites.
- Emphasis on the zoonotic potential of parasites helps you alert clients and other health care workers to the significance of zoonotic parasites and shows ways in which you can prevent transmission of a zoonotic parasite, condition, or syndrome from animals to humans.
- Logical chapter organization follows the sequence of parasitology classes, beginning with a basic overview of external parasites, internal parasites, and nematodes, followed by chapters that go into detail of the parasites by host species. An appendix lists the parasites of each species and shows their location in the text, making information easy to find.
- Heartworm section helps you recognize and treat heartworms with an in-depth discussion of the performance and interpretation of diagnostic tests for this major parasite.
- Summary tables show how to categorize parasites, and include such categories as body systems affected, taxonomic grouping, host species, and location in host.