You can download Atlas of Clinical Avian Hematology by Phillip Clark, Wayne Boardman and Shane Raida free in pdf format.
Atlas of Clinical Avian Hematology provides fundamental information and a practical guide to the hematological characteristics of birds. The book initially describes how to collect and handle blood samples from birds to best preserve the quality of the blood. This rich resource aids interpretation of hematological data, covering both healthy and diseased birds. The Atlas is illustrated throughout with colour photographs, and covers over 100 species of birds.
- Basic and comparative aspects of avian hematology in healthy birds are described, including the variation in hematological characteristics between different Orders.
- Hematological responses to disease are illustrated through brief case reports.
- Identification of hematoparasites is covered.
- Emphasis is placed on the morphology of hematological cells to ensure accurate classification plus identification of pathological changes.
- Highly illustrated photographic guide to the hematological characteristics of birds, including variations between the different orders.
- Covers hematological characteristics of healthy birds as well as hematoparasites and avian hematological responses to disease.
- Describes how to collect and handle blood samples from birds to best preserve the quality of the blood.
- Promotes accurate classification of hematological cells and identification of pathological changes.