You can download ABC Practical Guide to Dog Training by Steven Appelbaum free in pdf format.
If you’re a dog owner, you’re already a trainer. From the moment you bring your dog home, you’re teaching him how to behave–and, without realizing it, you could be instilling undesirable behaviors that have to be unlearned. Now, there’s a simple, no-nonsense way to effectively and humanely train your pet–and get the right results. In ABC Practical Guide to Dog Training, Steven Appelbaum, an expert with over 25 years of professional experience training thousands of dogs and hundreds of professional dog trainers, shares his secrets to help you get your dog to behave–giving you tried, true, and tested techniques that work.
Focused on the strength of rewarding appropriate behavior, Appelbaum passionately relates a sensitive, user-friendly approach that strengthens the canine/human bond. He explains how to quickly establish a training program that prevents problems before they occur–and how, by following a few fundamental principles, you can make your new companion a comfortable member of your family. You’ll discover:
- The basics of how your dog learns
- Positive ways to address behavior problems, such as jumping, nipping, chewing, house soiling, digging, and barking
- How to establish obedience off-leash, inside the house and out
- What “pack theory” is–explained in a way that finally makes sense
- Where correction can have a place in dog training
- How to find a professional trainer who is right for you and your dog